[MSCW list] Jackson Racing Supercharger Rattle

Don Peden dp4924
Thu Jan 20 20:41:17 CET 2011

1994 1.8 with rattling Jackson Racing SC.

No performance issue, just noise.  When fully warmed-up no rattle.

At cold start up I can make the noise disappear by gently placing a fingertip on each red (indented) part of the logo.  Magic?

Should I "fix" (it's only noise) this?  I have read that there are plastic parts in the nose of the SC that can be replaced.  OK, but engine was completely rebuilt and SC added just over 3K miles ago.  Not much time for wear.

Ideas, suggestions?