[MSCW list] 2006 NC Miata Brakes

dave.wandishin at gmail.com dave.wandishin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:18:01 CET 2017

Happy New Year everyone,

My 2006 Miata failed VA inspection for brake thickness (50k on original pads/rotors).  I see two ways forward but want to appeal to the wisdom of the group.  Cost is a consideration but my first thought is to go with StopTech slotted/drilled rotors and Akebono low dust pads (for street use only).    My garage space is overcommitted so a tech session install would be perfect (I haven’t done brakes on this car before) but I don’t see any on the schedule.  Does anyone know of a shop that does good work at a good price that could do the install for me (or…and I know I’m reaching here is there someone in the group that could walk me through the install in their garage on a Sunday)?  My next option would be to have a local shop (again good work/good price) that could handle sourcing the parts and doing the install.

Looking for any and all of your recommendations (feel free to recommend “freelancers” even if they are not associated with a shop).  I’m in Reston but will get the car to where it needs to be to get this done.

Thanks for all of your help,

Dave Wandishin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10