[MSCW list] 2017 Scenic Drive #1 - April 22nd, 2017, 10:30 AM - Leesburg/Lovettesville/Snickersville (Northern VA)

Timothy Metzinger tmetzinger at verizon.net
Wed Mar 29 23:16:26 CEST 2017

Our first scheduled drive of the 2017 season will begin at 10:30 AM on April
22nd, at the junction of US 50 and US 15 (there's a parking area and usually
a farmers market or other stand there).  This is East of Aldie on 50, or the
third Rotary as you head West on US50 from Dulles.  No nearby restrooms or
gas stations, so come with empty bladders and reasonably full fuel!

We'll head north on US15 and then make a left on Harmony Church Road, taking
back routes (Hamilton Station, Loyalty, Stumptown, Taylorstown,
Lovettesville) around the west of Leesburg and up to Lovettesville.  We'll
then go West on Irish Corners and south on Mountain Road to Purcellville,
where we'll stop for lunch at Magnolias at the Mill
(http://www.magnoliasmill.com/).   After lunch, we'll head west on VA 7 for
a short distance and then we'll drive the recently paved (with the exception
of a couple of historic bridges) Snickersville Turnpike.   From
Snickersville we're back on US50 in Aldie, and it's a short drive back to
the starting point.

Timeline:

10:00 - Gathering and Car-Chatting

10:30 - Depart North on US 15

12:00 - Lunch

1:00 - Depart Lunch

2:00 - Arrive at start (US 15 and US 50)

Please use the signup genius to RSVP for the event -
http://tinyurl.com/mscw2017-01

Map - http://tinyurl.com/mscw-2017-01-map

Tim Metzinger

703.963.3015