[MSCW list] Scenic Drive #6, a loop by the Shenandoah, and Alcohol! - September 25, 2021

Timothy Metzinger tim.metzinger at outlook.com
Sun Sep 19 02:53:44 CEST 2021

In years past, we've taken trips to distilleries, breweries, and wineries, and this year we're going to visit a place that has intrigued me every time I've seen the signs - Quattro Goombas Winery/Brewery.

Our drive will leave the Walmart in Haymarket, VA which is where US15 and VA55 intersect, just south of Exit 40 on I-66.   We'll leave the parking lot at 1:00 PM, and head West on VA55 for some pleasant curves in the country, through Marshall VA where we'll join Grove Road until it merges with US17, and we MAY take Leeds Manor Road if my scouting shows it's in good shape.  In any case, we'll get to the intersection of US17 and US50 in Paris VA, and head west towards the Shenandoah river, then head north on Mt. Carmel Road to River Road and that'll take us along the river to VA7, where we'll make a right, head East, then turn right again on Blueridge Mountain Road for more curves and elevation changes.  We'll pass by the FEMAT Mt. Weather facility, and rejoin US50 Eastbound through Middleburg.  We'll take Sam Fred Road north to link up with Lime Kiln Road, another fun road with plenty of curves, and that will bring us to US15 where we'll turn right and head south for a few miles before we come to Quattro Goombas on the left (22860 James Monroe Hwy, Aldie, VA, 20105) around 3:45 PM.   At this point, the drive is over and people can head home orhead indoors for a wine tasting (21 and over), find seating outdoors (all ages), and sample the restaurant.  There's information at https://www.quattrogoombas.com/.  I'm planning on trying some of their fruit-based sour brews.

Logistics:
Assembly - On September 25th, meet at the WalMart parking lot starting around 12:30 PM (15333 John Marshall Hwy, Haymarket, VA 20169),   Be sure you have eaten, and make sure you've got enough gas for at least 90 miles.
Departure - We'll leave the WalMart at 1:00 PM
Time/Distance - About 90 miles to the end, and about 2 hour and 45 minutes.   Quattro Goombas is open until 6:00 PM, so there should be time to have a taste or make a purchase.
Car limits - this drive is limited to a total of 18 cars.
Rain Date:  If the 25th is rained out, we will try the 26th or October 2nd.

RSVP via signup genius at https://bit.ly/mscw2021-sc-6.
Visit www.midatlanticscenicdrives.com for maps and GPS files.

Drive safely and HAVE FUN,
Timothy (Tim) Metzinger
Scenic Drive Coordinator - Mazda Sport Cars of Washington, DC
tim.metzinger at outlook.com
703.963.3015