[MSCW list] MSCW Digest, Vol 81, Issue 3

Bob Esser esserengineer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:38:01 CET 2023

Control arms are a lot less scary than they sound. Probably take a long
afternoon to do all 4 corners. You would want to budget about $150 for an
alignment afterwards. For these historic cars (20 + years old now) you will
find it a lot more cost effective if you are willing to jump in and so the
labor on stuff. When I had a miata (sold last summer), I did the full
suspension shocks/springs, control arms, sway bars, and all bushings. I did
the convertible top, I replaced lots of the interior and put in a roll bar.
all of it takes time and tools, but, none of it is especially hard. I
personally draw the line at anything internal to the engine or transmission.

the big miata forum has lots of good walk throughs to see how to do it.

Bob
Bob Esser