[MSCW list] Oil for N/A's

davidnugent at aol.com davidnugent at aol.com
Sat Oct 7 16:56:07 CEST 2023

Benita -- Mobil 1 sells a High Mileage synthetic oil that is formulated for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles.  This synthetic oil contains the additives that prevents leaks and is compatible with the seals in older vehicles.  You may want to consider this option for the added benefits of synthetic oil.  Here is a link to Mobil 1's site that describes their oils:  https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/about-us/mobil-1/high-mileage-motor-oil

I use Mobil 1 and have observed less wear and greater cleanliness on my engine parts.  However, I have experienced oil leaks but in my opinion the advantages provided by synthetic engine oil protection far exceeds the tradeoffs.

Dave