[MSCW list] Oil for N/A's

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Oct 8 17:07:07 CEST 2023

The first time I read this an NA was a new car that you could buy at your friendly Mazda dealer.  I've run Mobil One in everything for years without issue, including the cars that were "old" when the NA was "new".  I have occasionally seen some instances where an older original engine leaked a bit when changing to synthetic, but those examples are few and far between.  From an internal engine perspective, synthetics are worlds better than what passed for oil in the 80's, I wouldn't use anything else.

If you are bringing back your barn find MGA that hasn't run since the 70's I'd have some concerns, but that's the topic for a different e-mail list.

--Bryan