[MSCW list] 2024 Drives - an (early) look ahead

Timothy Metzinger tim.metzinger at outlook.com
Tue Feb 20 01:09:04 CET 2024

While there's a lot up in the air,  I want to give an outline so people can start thinking about our 2024 drive season.   We like to start in late March and run through October, and throw in a mixture of short scenic drives, as well as longer day or weekend destination drives to a particular spot.  Here's what I've currently got on the planning table:

March:  A shorter "tune up" drive, likely in Maryland, ending with a lunch somewhere in Frederick County.
April: A long weekend (19th-21st) in Roanoke VA with a trip to the Back of the Dragon.  Scenic drive TBD.
May:  Scenic Drive TBD, and an overnight destination drive to the Roadster Rally in Ocean City, NJ (May 10th-11th), with a ride on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry and across the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
June: A short drive along Blueridge Mountain Road in NoVA in early June, and while I'm away on my 10,000+ mile road trip, Kenny and Ian will lead a destination drive to the AACA museum cruise-in near Hershey, PA.  We hope to meet the Central PA Miata Club near there and all hang together.
July:  I'm thinking of a trip to mountain roads in VA or MD, and perhaps a destination drive to the VA Eastern Shore beaches.
August:  Our "go fast" drive on Fort Valley Road, and perhaps a visit to a drive-in restaurant.
September - We'll try an accident-free trip to the Coatesville Grand Prix,, and a scenic drive in Maryland in Montgomery and Frederick Counties
October - TBD

Please pass along any suggestions you have for scenic or destination drives.

Drive safely and HAVE FUN,
Timothy (Tim) Metzinger
Scenic Drive Coordinator - Mazda Sport Cars of Washington, DC
tim.metzinger at outlook.com
703.963.3015